Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peace of Mind (Do you have it?)


I was sitting on my sofa thinking about something.  How many people actually want to have peace of mind and how many ACTUALLY have it.  I have learned that people say they want things and when it actually happens or they actually get it they don't know what to do with it. (Shame). In relationships we often ask for this one particular thing.  Many wonder what it would be like to have a relationship where there is no fussing, fighting, bickering and nagging all the time.  Well sometimes all you can do is wonder.  From my experience in past relationships fussing, fighting, bickering and nagging was habitual.  I often wondered what caused it to be that way. In all actuality it could have been a number of things. 
For example: You have a cheating husband/wife or man/woman and you then have insecurities. This causes you to question him or her all the time, make assumptions and have a hard time trusting.  Then the fighting begins. Of course we are all human and make mistakes but choose your battles wisely.  One thing I have learned is that you can not stop a person from doing something.  If it comes up, handle it at that time. 

Who wants to be in a relationship where you fight more than you love on each other.  When you are in a GOOD SPACE with someone then all the bs doesnt matter.  You find yourself having a very good friend.  Learning from past relationships and becoming better in those to come is essential to the growth process.  I suggest we love, laugh and enjoy each other.  No situation is perfect so some things you have to compromise.  Do we want to? No?  Do I expect there to be arguements YES, but about real things.  Besides sometimes having a little spat is also good for the relationship because you get to make up :-)

For all those who are in situations and you have found that peace of mind with someone. Hold on to it.  There is nothing like it.  Having and understanding with someone and focusing on what really matters brings you closer.  I have had my days of this exact same drama and I love my peace of mind.

LIVE!!!!!! Don't let the negative, petty stuff tear your character down.

Extra stress and drama is not a good look.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment